Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stem Cells at 2pm today *** Update

3PM - All Done! They monitored Scott's vital signs through the whole thing. Pretty much uneventful, thankfully. Here is video of the blessing of the cells, it is more audio than anything because I just threw the camera on the table, but you get the idea. Some idle chit chat before hand, and then the blessing.....Which starts out "This is the day" which again, is one of the songs we sang at our wedding, that I never liked the melody all that much, but I must say it is growing on me. I cried like a baby (or Carol), as usual.

My husband

Erc,Kristen, Ron and Scott

Stem cells on the right..kind of looked like cream of tomato soup.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. This is Scott's new Birthday, so we will be having cake tonight. God Bless Donor Dan and all those leukemia patients that went before Scott and let the doctors try this on them.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The waiting continues, should see his counts dropping, with him bottoming out next week. After about 14 days his counts will start to rise. Then when they are high enough we will be discharged and able to stay in accomodations nearby.

Please say a prayer at 2pm that all goes as planned and we live happily ever after. Scott will post more later.

Betty.

Just saw the doctors.  The time is still set, the cells arrived last night, they have to be processed and counted.  The count is very important according to the doctor, I told them I didn't want to know, they could tell Betty.  It's all in God's hands anyway.  I have a cough that I came in with and it's getting worse so I'm off for a CT scan.  I'm told it's not the pneumonia I had, but they can determine if it's an infection or allergy by the scan and a lab test.  I don't want another illness on top of the chemo effects that are coming.  I don't want to be in a hospital and look how that's working for me.

God Bless,
Scott

6 comments:

  1. This post made me think of a book I read to Arlo every night

    "For never before in story or rhyme
    (Not even once upon a time)
    Has the world ever known a you, my friend
    And it never will, not ever again
    Heaven blew every trumpet
    and played every horn
    on the wonderful, marvelous,
    night you were born"

    You guys are special! You'll get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finish line is in sight...get ready to suck in those healing cells :-)

    Tha Watcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are here and praying for you Scott, and Betty. I don't think May 2nd will ever been the same again. There's a rainbow at the end of this, Scott. A Rainbow Trout!!! Can't wait for the day you're tossing that lure out there. Love Karen and Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dad:) All will go well. I know it. I Will call to talk to you tonight.
    Love you always and our prayers are with you,
    Erica and Makenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Scott. Prayers and love to and for you both. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blessing! Thank you for sharing this with us. Thoughts, prayers, and love always.

    ReplyDelete