Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pet Scan results showed two masses in my abdomen, biopsy showed them to be Myeloid Sarcoma which occurs in less than 1% of the population.  Go figure, just my luck.  It is usually a precursor to the return of my Leukemia (AML).  It is treated the same as if I relapsed with AML, very aggressive Chemo.  Even with treatment the prognosis is poor, not to mention I don't think my body could handle more chemo and leave me in any condition anyone would want to live in.
     So based on all this Betty and I decided that I will get palliative care and let it be in the Lord's hands.  I'm just so tired with all the issues that have come up since the original treatment not to mention the emotional turmoil Betty and I have been through.  I just can't see dragging anything out just to go through this again later.  My prayer is that they develop the T-cell immune therapy that they are testing and then people in the future won't have to be nearly killed to get rid of this or any other cancer.  We are all set with future care as the doctor sent a referral through for hospice care.  I don't need it yet, but it's one less thing to have to think about if it's in place ready to go.  I want to pass at home if possible.
     This has it's plus side, I am able to clean up my messy workshop so Betty doesn't have to deal with it:)  Money at this point means nothing to me.  I got to check on my financials set in place for Betty and the kids.  Oh, and I get to go to Heaven and be pain free emotionally and body wise, and, I will have so many questions answered.  (I have a lot of them)  I also confirmed with Betty that at this point I can do no wrong:))  Last of all I had a Guinness last night.

God Bless,
Scott

This is my Granddaughter Makenna cuddling with me on Father's Day.  She hugged me and told me she was going to make me better.  I just melted, so sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Scott,
    You are so strong and have beautiful faith. I am so blessed to have you as my brother.
    Love and prayers, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,
    You are truly a hero dealing with this all. You and Betty will be in our thoughts and prayers. I wish there were something we could do to relieve your suffering.

    ReplyDelete