Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lab results :(

Today I went in and got my labs checked and saw Dr. T.  Unfortunately my blood counts dropped even further and now I'm at about half of where I should be.  My liver profile was slightly improved :) and my Ferriten/Iron is down to 3200 from 4100 last time:)  I also have been more tired and short of breath and the blood counts explain that. 

I found a lump on my left breast and I will be getting a manogram in the next week along with a scope down my throat and a a echo cardiogram.  Then I will see Dr. T again and I may go back on exjade to try to get rid of more iron.  He also had them draw a flow spectrometry? which can tell if the cancer bastard has returned.  Betty went along so I couldn't "accidentally" forget any symptoms when i talked to the Doctor.  I will post when I get the results and plan.  Dr. T said it is not unheard of to have blood count issues this long after a transplant.  It's time to get off of this roller coaster!!
God Bless,
Scott

4 comments:

  1. I am stepping up the prayers. Here I thought you were out of the worst of it. Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Stepping up the prayers. Your faith, strength, and positive outlook continue to inspire so many. Love you both. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott, Glad to hear from you, but sorry you're having issues. Getting off that roller coaster is tough! Funny thing to have in common here, but prior to my transplant, when my blood counts were down, I suddenly developed a painful lump in my breast. Had a biopsy and it was nothing, but it totally freaked me out. I never knew for sure if it was linked to the blood counts, but always wondered, since I had never had anything like that before. MY prayers are added to others…hope the flow cytometry goes well and you continue to be cancer free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott,
    You (and Betty) are always in my prayers. Wishing you joy, especially during these rough times. God is Great, indeed!

    ReplyDelete