Friday, November 21, 2014

Last Monday I got more varicose veins banded in my esophagus.  It wasn't as bad this time.  He said I have scar tissue from acid reflux but it would be to dangerous at this point to try to stretch it out.  The good news is I don't have to see that Dr. for three months and that may have been the last of my banding.
I saw Dr. Tasahldar on Wednesday and My blood counts improved slightly :)  My liver profile stayed about the same, and my iron went up 800 :(  I am starting back on Exjade, the chelation medication.  Dr. T is going to talk to Dr. Frankfurt (my transplant Dr.) about my situation.
I then got a call from Dr. T and he said that he talked to Dr. Frankfurt and they believe I should go to Chicago for a bone marrow biopsy.  I really dislike the drive, but, they have the lab that can process the biopsy in house.  So it will be off to Chicago and then the week long wait to get the results.  Neither of the doctors think the cancer is back, it still points to iron overload.  That's all for now,
God Bless,
Scott

2 comments:

  1. Scott, thank you for always updating us on your medical progress in a way that makes it easy to understand.. While I won't pretend I fully comprehend it all, I always get an idea of what's next, and what it might mean. I have no doubt that your positive outlook and your ability to continue the fight, will carry you through this as it has everything else. Please know that even though we don't see you often, you are always on our minds and in our prayers and if there is anything we can do to make this all a little easier, please let us know. xoxo Trina and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,
    I realize how much you've been through. I also know that so many other people couldn't have fought half as hard as you have. Your faith keeps you strong enough to keep up the fight. God bless you! Shelly L

    ReplyDelete