Wednesday, December 3, 2014

On Tuesday December 2nd Betty and I made the trip to Chicago where I got a bone marrow biopsy.  Not too bad this time.  I did receive pain medication and it went well.  Now the wait for a week or more for the results.  Neither Doctor believes the cancer is back, but the biopsy will tell how much of my marrow is donor and how much is me.  Last time I thing I was nearly all donor.  They did labs and my blood counts came up a little more, they are going in the right direction:)

I still have the open sore on my bottom lip, and now one on the roof of my mouth.  My weight was 152 down from 165 two weeks ago  Exjade is very hard on my system.  Dr. Frankfurt in Chicago thinks it's all graft vs host, I'm not so sure.  Every test done so far to check for Graft vs Host has been negative.  I do think I will ask Dr. Tasahldar about taking steroids to see if there is any improvement.  I'll post again when I get the results of the biopsy.
God Bless,
Scott

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Great that the numbers are going in the right direction! I'm hoping that you're becoming a marrow factory now....not that we don't love Donor Dan's marrow, but it's time to reboot already. I imagine it's hard for you to find something iron free and easy to eat. I hope you can gain more weight soon. Santa will be bringing you a NutriBullet. Luv, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roller coaster ride that never ends! It must be hard to stay positive and "up," especially during the holiday season, when everyone just wants to celebrate living and the Man who makes it all possible. I'm praying your Christmas gift will be a clean bone marrow sample. You deserve it. You've been a good boy all year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is Sherry in South Carolina…I noticed you have 2 Sherrys posting here.

    ReplyDelete