Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good morning Chicago.  Last night I started IV saline to make sure I was hydrated for the start of chemo today.  I get one bag that last one hour at 0900 and a second that takes three hours at 1000hrs. So for the next four days I just get chemo in the morning.  This is supposed to be the strongest/worst so far.  I really can't afford to loose more weight or skin.  I'm going into this with my liver enzymes nearly normal so that is a plus.  I'm getting unrealated stem cells so anti rejection drugs will start at day -1  They follow a schedule of the day of the stem cell infusion is day 0 and yesterday was day -7, so today is day -6.  This is more for the staff to know where I'm at in the process.  I continue to pray for a cure, but above all God's will be done.  If anyone is facing this disease it is very different for those that had MDS then convert to luekemia than for those who develope luekemia without MDS.  MDS then luekemia will get someone elses stem cells, and luekemia alone usually get put in remission and they will harvest your own good stem cells and you then get your own back, less risk, no rejection issues.  This room is great, Thanks Betty!

God Bless,
Scott

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a wonderful cheer leader with Betty! Praying the chemo goes smoothly!

      Delete
  2. our thoughts and prayers are with all the way....day -7 until you are home. and, hey, maybe even longer than that. love ya, bill and candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott and Betty, we are thinking of you and you are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope all goes well with your treatments. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you - praying for you -- and missing both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to Chicago, Scott and Betty!

    Praying things go smoothly while you're here. At the risk of being a 'broken record', is it OK if I come to visit? Let me know. If not, I still am available for running errands of any kind. You know how close we are to the hospital. Nothing is ever out of the question.
    Take care!
    Love,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete